Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Prayer request

My beloved sister-in-law's mother passed away last night. Please pray for her as she has lost her husband this year (my brother) and now her mom. She also has lupus and stress almost always triggers a setback. Please pray that God will be merciful to her and protect her.

How was your Tuesday? It was sunny and cool here with a promise of rain later in the week. I looked ahead to next week on the weather site and there was a mention of snow possible but if you're like me, you'll believe it when you see it. I have a co-worker who is going to Disney World next week and can't wait to be in the warmer climate and I just don't see it, honestly. I feel so much better physically when it's cold. Heat saps my energy, makes me grumpy, and I just feel gross! This same co-worker wears longjohns under her work clothes every day even when the temps get to 70 or so! She also has a tower heater thing that she turns on which also sometimes blows on me since we sit side by side and we've had more than one discussion about that thing. We pick at each other and try to be good natured about it, but as I've tried explaining to her..."you'll be in your 50's someday and you'll know what the term hot flash is all about". Y'all know what I'm talking about, huh?

I still haven't finished decorating for Christmas. I hope that I'll have some energy on my day off this week and get that job done. Since we are looking to buy a house one day soon, my enthusiasm for decorating has definitely waned but this is where the Lord wants us for the time being and so I'll decorate and enjoy this Christmas season (and pray that next year we're in a bigger house.) We have to have plenty of room for our granddaughters, you know. Bless their hearts. I love them so much even now - even before they've made their entrance into this world.

I'm off to soak in a hot bath...mmmm....sounds wonderful, doesn't it? I hope you all have a wonderful evening and sleep tight.

No comments: