Thursday, November 29, 2007

Being a housewife...

.....is what I love to do more than anything. It's an honorable position and I believe that being a wife and mother is what I was born to be.

I get to be a full time wife every Thursday because it's my day off from work. While my job isn't that bad, there are more cons than pros when working away from home. You know what it's like to work with other women, right? And when you aren't among like-minded people (I'm talking about Christians now) then you are subject to all kinds of ugly behavior. That being said, I've had worse jobs but it's my and Sam's prayer that I can come home soon. My granddaughters will be here before you know it and my son asked me last night if I thought I would be able to quit working anytime in the near future so that I can spend as much time with them as I want. I wish I could have said yes but I just told him I wouldn't let my job interfere with my family and I would be there as much as time allows. I sometimes wish we lived in the same town as they do but we don't know what the future holds and they may eventually move closer to us. That would be wonderful! In the meantime, I need to focus on what God has blessed me with and not have any more pity parties.

I have a pot of black bean soup simmering on the stove for Sam when he comes home for lunch in about an hour. I'm about to bake some cornbread, too. It's in the 40's today so I thought this would be a tummy warming meal. I have no idea what supper will be but I'll cross that bridge later. I sometimes fly by the seat of my pants. Thankfully, I manage to get most of the things done that I need to with little planning but I do work on being more organized. I write myself little notes all during the day as reminders of things that need to be done. Do y'all do that, too? I can be sitting in one room and think of something I need in another and by the time I walk a few steps, I have completely forgotten what I went after. It drives me crazy and does make me wonder about my sanity. I just tell myself that I have such a busy little mind that there just isn't enough room for all of my memories. Either that or I'm suffering from dementia of some sort.

With that, I'll say goodbye for now and hope you all have a good Thursday.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon LeaAnn,
Thanks so much for stopping by. I do hope you will come back and visit again. If you don't mind, I will add you to my blogroll. You can let me know. I know what you mean about the working outside the home thing. I used to do that, but then hubby wanted me to stay home and take care of our girls. He didn't want anyone raising them. We don't have alot of money to blow, but we have what we need and get by. I used to work nights at a Police Department as a Dispatcher. I worked 2nd and 3rd shifts. It was really hard especially on the girls. Hubby had to get them up real early when he got up and then take them to my mom's house 12 miles away. It got to be too much on them and that is why hubby told me to stay home. He drives a truck now and is gone alot. When he is home, he helps me out with the girls. He does miss being around them, but it's the only thing he can do right now and keep me at home. They do get on my nerves once in a while, but I still Love them and it passes. I forget alot of stuff too. LOL. I don't think your the only one out there. You said your hubby was from Arkansas. If you don't mind me asking what part? I live in the Northeast part of Arkansas. I'm about 30 miles Southeast of Jonesboro. I've never had Black Bean Soup. You will have to post the recipe sometime. I put a Beef Roast in my slow cooker last night and I just cut up some potatoes and carrots and a little cabbage and put it on the stove to cook. I decided to try it that way. I watch Food Network alot and I am always trying new things. I will probably fix a pan of cornbread to go with it. Hubby is doing the basketball game thing today as I wasn't able to. Well, take care my friend and have a great weekend. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.