Sunday, January 13, 2008

The calm after the storm

It's been a rough week for me and I just simply had no energy to blog, much less try to maintain some semblance of a normal life. I'll just say that I had my feelings hurt by someone due to miscommunication. Things are resolved and all is right with the world once more.

My granddaughters went home from the hospital last Monday so Sam and I are gearing up for a visit later this week. I will take a couple of days off from work to go "help out" (read: hold and love and cuddle those baby girls) and Sam and I will finally get to put our burgeoning grandparent skills to the test. I have to say that I cannot wait to see my beloved holding his tiny granddaughters in his arms. They are doing well although still on heart/breathing monitors. Mommy and Daddy are very tired as is the other grandmother due to every 3 hour feedings/medicating but they are thriving and growing as they should. It looks as though they will be identical which tickles me to death! They are already getting confused as to who is who and I am anxious to get a closer look to see if I can tell the difference. Call me arrogant, but I'll bet I can find an obscure indentation in an ear or a hair or two that goes a different direction. If not, that's okay, too, because we can always paint their tiny toenails different colors.

Supper tonight will be a roasted chicken, baked potatoes, and green beans....slow cooked....mmmmm. I don't do veggies that are cooked only until "crisp-tender". Nope, I want them cooked half to death with a little bacon grease thrown in for good measure. Oh, and a pinch of sugar because as my mother taught me, it brings out the flavor of the vegetable.

I hope you all have a restful, lovely Sunday. Oh, by the way, Sam and I went and looked at a piece of property that we really love. It's an older house with the original hardwood floors and a fireplace (!) and sits on a few acres of gorgeous land. It is surrounded by mountains and valleys and we loved it. Would you please pray that the Lord provides a way for us to have this place if it's in His will? I would appreciate it very, very much as it has been our desire for a long time to own our own home with enough space to garden and have a few animals.

Now I think I'll go read for a bit. I just finished the book "Ninety Minutes In Heaven" by Don Piper. It's very good and so inspirational and I highly recommend it. I found great comfort in his words and I think you will, too.

5 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon LeeAnn,
Well, I'm still online for right now. Who knows, it may be tomorrow when they shut if off. I'm praying that they will just let me pay last month's and this month's bill all together. I'm excited that yall will be going to spend a couple of days with the new girls. I know yall are. That is so neat that they are going to be identical twins. I'm sure you will find something tho that makes them a bit different. LOL. You supper sounds delicious. Hey, I used to add a little sugar to my greens years ago. I haven't done that in a while because my bunch doesn't like greens. I sure do tho. I will pray that the property and house you and Sam looked at will get to be yours. GOD will show you the way. Just listen for him. I am doing some laundry this afternoon and the girls are supposedly cleaning their rooms. LOL. I will have to go and check on them here in a bit and see what they have or have not done. Take care my friend and have a great afternoon. May God Bless You and Yours. Be sure to eat enough for me, cause my mouth is watering now. LOL.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
Just wanted to drop by and see how everyone is doing. Have you been to see the babies yet? I hope you have been and was able to just eat them up with all your love for them. I am still going to be online. "PRAISE GOD"!!!! I was able to pay the Cable & Internet Bill late yesterday afternoon. "THANK YOU" for all of your prayers for us. I so appreciate it very much my friend. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Patti said...

don't almost cry...we'll hold the fort until you can get back...

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
Just dropping by to see how everyone is doing. Hope everyone is okay and that the Twins are doing well. We didn't get any freezing rain like they said we might get. It was just a couple of degrees too warm. Oh, I'm so longing for some Snow. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
It's me again. I'm just dropping by again to see how you/everyone are doing. I am beginning to get worried some. It's been a couple of weeks since you have posted. I do hope the Twins are doing okay and nothing is wrong with them. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours. If you don't post, please email me and let me know how things are. I have been missing you.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.