Tuesday, January 1, 2008

On this first day of the new year....

I have many prayers. First and foremost, that my family is healthy and safe and happy. That God protects us and is merciful to us. I specifically pray for continued strength and good health for my darling granddaughters. I so look forward to holding them and loving them as they are released from the wires and tubes that have sustained them the last three weeks. I want to sing to them and whisper to them and get to know each of them as their personalities take shape.

My second prayer is for a home of our own. I scour the paper every day in hopes of finding just the right place for me and Sam. I know it's there and I must practice patience because God does things in His own time and that's good. I tend toward impatience when I want something so much but when I try to work on my own timetable rather than the Lord's, I mess up every time. So, I place this desire in His loving hands and wait on the outcome.

My other prayers include happiness and peace in the workplace for my husband and that God uses Sam's considerable talents to glorify Him. I pray for good health for us all and for prosperity. Sam and I would like for me to be able to quit working and be a homemaker full time so perhaps this new year will bring that dream to fruition.

As for today, Sam and I are enjoying a day off together. The clouds are gathering with a promise of snow (woohoo!) later today or tonight. I will prepare our traditional black eyed peas and cabbage along with some pan fried pork chops for supper tonight as we end the first day of 2008.

Happy New Year, y'all.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
"HAPPY NEW YEAR"!!!! What a wonderful post you have here today. I know it's so hard at times when we want something. We always seem to want it when we want it. But we must have the patience to know if it is meant for us that it will be in GOD'S time and not ours. I do pray that you will be able to stay home in 2008. I am continuing to pray that your Grandbabies are getting stronger and will soon get to come home. I know that GOD will find you a home this year as well. It's all left in HIS time and not ours. We will be having Black-Eyed Peas and Buttermilk cornbread here as well. I am also making a Cabbage Casserole. I wish we would get some snow. It has turned alot colder here. Take care my friend and have a great Tuesday. May God Bless You and Yours. Enjoy your day off today.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.