Saturday, December 29, 2007

Post Christmas

I have not been far away but merely regrouping after a hectic couple of weeks. I'm glad to be back and look forward to sharing news with you.

First of all, the baby girls are getting a bit stronger day by day. They have gained some weight....baby A weighs 5 lbs. 2 oz. and baby B is 4 lbs. 8 oz. They still have episodes of apnea and so they are still in the NICU. We're hoping that they can go home in a week or so. Mommy is getting better, as well.

Our younger son spent a few days with us at Christmas and it was wonderful having him home. He's so bright, funny, and easy to talk to and it made our Christmas so much richer by having him with us. It was very hard for this Mom to tell him goodbye at the airport but I know we'll be seeing him again soon.

Sam and I got all of our Christmas stuff put away today and boy, does it feel good. I love this time of year but for some reason, it took me a while to get in the holiday spirit. I think it may be because I was distracted by the birth of the twins and also because we are looking to buy a bigger house and I think I'm mentally moving out of this house and therefore not as interested in the details like decorating for holidays, although it was pretty and cozy (i.e. small) in here. We had to run over to my son's in-laws' house for a minute tonight and I got a load of their tree....it is HUGE.....about 2 stories tall or something like that. Their house is very large and they had a fire going and so many lovely decorations and I admit to feeling a bit envious for a moment but you know, I wouldn't trade what I have for all of the huge houses in the world or for anyone else's life....I have what I need right here. Still, I am honestly ready to make one last move to a home that will fit our family comfortably with a little bit of land for some animals and a garden.

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and sleep tight tonight.

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening LeeAnn,
"WELCOME BACK" to the world of blogging. I think we all need a break from it from time to time. I'm so glad the Babies are gaining weight. "PRAISE GOD"!!!! I'll keep praying for them and praying that they will soon get to come home. I'm also glad Mommy is doing better as well. It does take a while to get over a C-Section. I've had 2 of them. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with your youngest Son. Like you said, you will see him again soon. "CONGRATULATIONS" on looking into buying a new home. I do hope and pray you will find what you are looking for. It's always nice to have a little extra room in a house. I'm glad we got a 3-bedroom home this past August. We were buying a house with only 2-bedrooms and one bath. Since we had been going thru a hard time, we lost or in the process of losing it. To be honest, I was glad, because we had really outgrown that house. Since the girls have gotten older, they both wanted their own rooms. Here they have that, plus we have an extra half-bath on mine and hubby's bedroom. We have a bigger laundry room also. I really love it here. And I tell you what, when you go to moving especially if you have been at one place for a long period of time, you collect so much stuff. We have thrown away stuff and gave stuff away after we had moved. We still have some stuff in the other house to get out. Hopefully it will warm up some so I can go thru it all and bring it over here. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening and Sunday. May God Bless You and Yours. I'm like you, I'm happy with what I do have.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
I don't know if you will be posting before the New Year, but I wanted to come by and wish you and yours a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" from our Family. May 2008 be a great and wonderful year for you and yours. Take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.