Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thirty two years

That's how long I've been a mother. At 7:11 a.m., 32 years ago today, my first son was born. As most of us mothers know, there are no words to describe the moment we see our child for the first time. Awesome, wonderful, great, unbelievable, etc. are words that are matchless to the truth of the moment. It's a God given gift of immeasurable magnitude and one for which I am eternally grateful. Six years later, He gave me one more precious boy. It's an honor and a priviledge to be the mother to these two sons of mine.

May you all be as richly blessed as Sam and I.

Sweet dreams.

3 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
Well, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to your first born. I remember when I had my first daughter. I had her by C-Section. Hubby said the whole got brighter than it was before. It was an awesome experience. I had my other daughter 28 months later by C-Section as well. Both of my daughters are truly a gift from GOD. I love them dearly. Thanks for sharing your sons with us. Take care my friend and have a great Wednesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Blessings to you! My oldest is 21, and it amazes me to know that we moms love them as much (more) today than we did that very first day.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

PS: I love, love, love your profile comments!