Thursday, December 20, 2007

Foggy morn

It's very foggy but also very cold here in my neck of the woods. The roads might be a little slippery so I'm waiting a bit before heading out to finish Christmas shopping. I have avoided Wal Mart since before Thanksgiving (I do that every year if at all possible) so hopefully I can find what I need elsewhere. I didn't know my granddaughters were going to be here before the holiday so I will get something special for their first Christmas.....maybe their first teddy bears. I looked a little yesterday on my lunch hour and I tell you, it's very hard to find a regular teddy bear. They all were crazy colors and they were just ugly. I know what I want but am having a hard time finding two soft brown bears. I also thought about getting them a Precious Moments keepsake....remember those? I have a small collection of figurines that my sons gave me over the years and thought it might be nice to start a collection for the little girls. I also collect miniatures and have several shadow boxes that I just love and I want to start one for each of them one day when they're a little older. I love tradition, don't y'all? I think the older I get, the more sentimental I've become and things take on a whole new meaning because I want to leave something behind for the next generations. I'm not very talented as far as sewing or crafts, but I can cook and have worked on recipe books for a long time to share with my children and grandchildren.

I hope you all have a safe and happy day. I will get to see the babies this weekend, Lord willing, and will be taking younger son with us to visit. He will only be here a few days from Texas but we'll enjoy every second we get to be with him. The babies have been put together finally in an isolette but will remain in the hospital for a while yet. They are still being fed through a tube with a supplemental bottle twice a day. The goal is for them to take 8 bottles a day so they have a ways to go. I thank God for their precious lives and pray for continued strength for them.

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
It was so nice of you to stop by. I always enjoy your visits and visiting with you. I do hope you picked up the Award I passed out today as well. I don't like to give Awards out to just a set number, I like to share. I remember the Precious Moments also. My Mother got both of my girls a Precious Moments Bible with their names engraved on it when they were smaller. It was a Christmas Gift to each one of them. They still have them. You might consider that also. I know they are a bit young, but they would have it when they got older. When our girls were small, and their first Christmas, I bought a Teddy Bear that Wal-Mart had with the year on the foot. I bought one in 1996 when I first daughter was born and then again in 1998 when our second daughter was born. They still have them as well. They are beautiful. I will keep your Grandaughters in my prayers. I'm sure they will start taking the 8 bottles a day soon. I know you are excited about your youngest son coming home. I hope yall have a good time together and enjoy each other while he is home. I didn't have to get up as early this morning since the girls are out of school. The thunder is what woke me up. I hope the fog lifts soon. Yesterday morning when I took the girls to school, it was very foggy outside. You couldn't hardly see in front of you. But it went away later on. I like traditions also. We don't have alot of traditions but we do have a few. Well, take care my friend and have a great Thursday. May God Bless You and Yours. Be careful out shopping today.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.