Monday, December 17, 2007

Baby Baby

Sam and I had the best Christmas gift ever. We got to hold AND feed our tiny granddaughters Saturday night. The kids called and said "please come...we need you." How can a mother/grandma say no to that?? Not this one, I assure you. We threw clothes in the car and headed 2 hours south. We visited with tired momma and daddy then headed for the hospital. After a few minutes with their parents, the little ones were handed over to Sam and me to hold and feed. We sat side by side and after the babies each started drinking their little bottles of milk, my husband and I looked at each other and smiled. We are so close that we shared the same thought and that was - we will never forget this moment as long as we live. After a rushed trip back to the hospital at 2 in the morning to deliver milk, Sam and son came back and we all got some rest. The babies did not have a good day yesterday, so I ask for prayer for them.

My son's mother-in-law is able to be there for the next few weeks to help out and while I confess to being a bit envious, I'm very grateful that she is able to do this. I sometimes wish we could live right next door and be there at a moment's notice to help out or babysit, but that won't happen and it probably shouldn't. They will find their rhythm and do just fine. I'm struck at how seriously our son is taking his fatherhood role and couldn't be prouder of him. He's a devoted husband and loves his little daughters so much.

The icing on the cake of this month is that our younger son will be flying here next Saturday to spend Christmas with us and meet his two nieces. We haven't seen him in nearly a year and this momma is sure excited at the prospect of spending time with him. I miss him so much but am glad he's happy in his life. I couldn't ask for more, could I?

Have a blessed night and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
"CONGRATULATIONS" on being able to hold and feed your new grandbabies. I know you were on cloud nine. I am glad they are doing well. I'm sure your Son and Daughter-In-Law will adjust just fine. I know it may take a while, but I know they can do it. I know you will be glad when your other Son get's home. This will be a Christmas to Remember for you. Will the babies get to be home in time for Christmas? I sure hope so. I will still keep your Grandbabies in my prayers as well as your whole family. When you have time, stop by. I have a "Bodacious Award" waiting for you. Well, take care my friend and have a great Tuesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening LeeAnn,
I'm just stopping by to check on everyone again. I hope the babies are doing good as well as the Mother. If my blogging friends hasn't posted in a day or so, I try to keep a check on them. I want to see if they are okay. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.