Monday, December 10, 2007

The time is near

This is the beginning of a very special week. You see, I got a call this morning from my son to tell me that his wife's water broke. They are in the hospital right now waiting to see the doctor. She is 6 weeks early and is having contractions as I write this. Sam and I are BESIDE ourselves because we don't know if we should head on down there or do as our son suggested and just wait until the doctor checks our daughter-in-law out. They may decide to keep her on bedrest for a few days so we're on pins and needles here.

I was at work when he called and from that point on, I was rendered useless, as was Sam. We met at home for lunch and breathlessly threw clothes in a suitcase, I loaded up Snow Pea and took her to the kennel. All afternoon at work, I couldn't concentrate and could only see two beautiful little girls that will someday call me "Memaw", Lord willing. We are both antsy and nervous as we wait to hear from son #1.

Please join me in praying that these little ones are born healthy and that our son doesn't fall to pieces! He's very strong but I could tell during our last phone conversation that he's extremely stressed right now. Daughter is in pain and we're all waiting to see these tiny girls.

I will update as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
Thanks for stopping by. I will definetly keep your Son and Daughter-In-Law in my prayers. I will pray that the babies are born healthy as well. I know yall are excited about this. Maybe they will just keep her on bedrest for a few days. We have to think positive. But, Prayer is very Powerful. I do hope that you are feeling better. I remember when I had my girls, both of my Parents and Mother-In-Law was there. I had both of mine by C-Section tho. With my first daughter I couldn't dialate past 3 and I had been having some really hard contractions and my doctor told hubby it was best to do a C-Section. With my second daughter, she was a planned C-Section. Well, take care my friend and have a great Tuesday. May God Bless You and Yours. Please keep me updated on what's going on.

Hugs,
Karen H.