Thursday, December 13, 2007

Observations

Is it me or has anyone else noticed how rude people seem to be this Christmas season? I got caught up today on some last minute shopping and almost every cashier was grumbling about her job and how they were going to apply elsewhere so they could make more money, etc. all with a plastered smile on their face as they waited on me. It's very disconcerting and certainly doesn't lend to the "holiday spirit". Sam and I also noticed that most of the nurses that were caring for our little granddaughters were in the same mood.....harsh, grumpy, rough, and some were downright rude. He and I were waiting outside of our daughter-in-law's room for a few minutes while a nurse was with her and another nurse popped her head out of a room quite a distance down the hall and wanted to know who we were waiting on. We told her and she then said for us to go wait in the lobby and "someone would come get us". If you knew Sam you would understand that this did not sit well with him and although I meekly turned and did as I was instructed (not happy about it, though), he turned toward said nurse and folded his arms while burning a hole through her with his look. She went away and since I had gone to sit down, he followed but I believe he wishes I had stayed and stared her down, too. Hateful-acting thing. (the nurse, not Sam)

We're about to call and get an update on the girls. We are waiting for the word that they are not tied to iv's, oxygen, and the like and we can finally hold those precious children. I want to feel them, smell them, and whisper my love to them. I know they won't remember any of it, but it's momentous to this grandma. I can secretly hope that somewhere in the recesses of their minds, they'll know me and my immeasurable love for them.

It's getting colder here and may even snow this weekend. Woo-hoo! That would be great as long as it doesn't impede our travel plans. Our youngest son's birthday is Sat. and then one week from then, he will be flying up here from Texas to spend Christmas with us. My heart will be absolutely overflowing with love and gratitude for all that God has done for our little family. It is now.

I bid you all a good night with sweet dreams.

4 comments:

Heather Anne said...

Hi Leeann - thank you for your kind encouraging words on my blog tonight!

I am so sorry you are encountering hateful folks today - it must be harder to 'rise above' when you are sleep deprived and waiting for good news about your precious wee girls! I hope the pray that they are growing stronger each day and that soon you will have them in your arms and share your grandma love with them!

By the way - I don't grind my own wheat either! Don't tell the other home school mums, o.k.? I might be kicked out! LOL

Brenda said...

Oh my! Congrats Grandma! What a joy to have not 1 but 2 new babies to love in your life. Aren't they just the most precious of gifts?

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today. Please feel free to come by any time.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening LeeAnn,
I haven't been out shopping yet and I know I have a few things yet to get for the girls. I always dread it tho because alot of people are just plain rude, not only at Christmas, but every day of the year. I have encountered some rude Nurses as well. I think they should just bite their tongue and be nice to people. That is their job anyway. I do hope everything is going well with the Grandbabies and your Daughter-In-Law also. Hopefully you will get to hold those babies real soon. I'm sure they will know when you are talking to them and may remember it when they get older. I'm glad your youngest Son is getting to come home for Christmas. Yall will be one happy family this Christmas with the new babies being there. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
I'm just dropping by to check on yall. I hope yall got to see the twins over the weekend and things are going well for them. Did yall get any snow? We didn't get any. All we got was some cold rain. It is a cold morning here. I just want some snow. LOL. Well, take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.