Monday, December 3, 2007

Cold Monday

I've been out of commission for a day or two. After our road trip Saturday to see the children, I was feeling a little bit puny. I had that scratchy throat, you know. Well, when I got up Sunday morning, my voice was all but gone and I felt awful. Sam fixed me a little breakfast and put me on the couch under some blankets and I slept until 3 p.m. which is something I never do. I felt some better when I woke up but I had this nagging headache and couldn't figure out why all the pain medicines I took weren't helping. All of a sudden, I realized I had not had any caffeine in over 24 hours so I drank a glass of diet Dr. Pepper and within 15 minutes, it was gone. Now, this bottle of diet Dr. P has been sitting in a corner of my pantry for two months because I decided to quit all soft drinks for various reasons. I really hate to know that I had to have this "fix" to feel better, but you do what you gotta do, right? The remnants of this sweet liquid sits before me now and I'm about to finish it off. Sigh.

I did go to work today and thankfully, we weren't too busy so I just sat in my little chair and shivered, blew my nose, and huddled up to our little auxilliary heater. Sam had some soup heated up for us (some that I had put in the freezer last week) along with some fresh beer bread and that sure hit the spot. I am married to the most wonderful man, I'll tell you. I am so blessed.

I pray you all have a good night and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
I'm sorry your not feeling well. It's that time of the year tho. I'm glad you got rid of your headache. I have done that before. Woke up with a headache and didn't drink any coffee. After I have my coffee, in a matter of time, my headache is gone. Beer bread. I've never heard of that. Do you mind sharing the recipe. I might like to try that sometimes. I love bread anyway. Especially homemade breads. Sounds like you do have a wonderful husband. But I think mine is the most wonderful. LOL. I am very partial to him. LOL. It was a cold Monday here yesterday and it's another cold morning here again. It's suppose to get up to 55 degrees here today. Well, take care my friend and have a great Tuesday. May God Bless You and Yours. Take care of yourself and don't ware yourself down too much.

Hugs,
Karen H.