Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sniffly

I've had some head mess for about a week....scratchy throat, lost my voice, watery eyes, runny nose, etc. It's about to get on my nerves.

When I walked in the door after lunch from work this morning, I discovered that Sam had cleaned the house, moved our Christmas tree to a much better spot, cleaned litter boxes, and had candles burning. Isn't he just the best? He makes every single thing in my life special - everything.

It was very misty, cold, cloudy, and a bit foggy all day so after a bite of lunch, I sat on the couch and dozed off in front of the twinkly Christmas tree. I napped for about 20 min. then we ran an errand then ate supper at Cracker Barrel. I love that place. They have beautiful and unique ornaments for the tree plus neat gift ideas. My youngest son used to love watching reruns of the Monkees t.v. show when he was little and would cry if he couldn't watch it every night. They had a dvd of the top 6 most popular episodes and I think I may go back and get it for him as a sort of gag gift. Truth be told, he will probably love it. I actually got to see Davy Jones when I was about 18. He was playing in a celebrity tennis tournament in the Texas town where I lived. He was very small but still cute. I didn't have the nerve to talk to him but then, my crush on him was long gone. Ron Ely was there, too (remember the newer Tarzan?) but I didn't talk to him either. I didn't think Tarzan should have had big dimples.

I'm off to read for a bit now. I hope you all have a peaceful, sweet night.

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening LeeAnn,
I'm sorry your not feeling well. I do hope you get over it soon. It's not fun having that stuff. Hubby is just now getting over his that he's had for over a week. That is so nice what your hubby did for you. He sounds alot like my hubby. My hubby would do it for me if I asked him to, but I very seldom do. When he comes home from off the road, he likes to relax. But he will help me if I need any help. I've only eaten at Cracker Barrel a couple of times. It's been wet and damp and very foggy here today. It didn't "Rain on our Parade" tonight but it sure was foggy and chilly. I bet your son will love those Monkey DVD's. My hubby loves old shows as well. Wow, I can't believe you saw Davy Jones. Did you by any chance get a picture of him? He was so good looking back in the day. LOL. I don't guess I remember Ron Ely. I wasn't a big Tarzan fan. Well, take care my friend and have a great evening. Try and get some rest. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.
P.S. Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog today. I do indeed consider you a very good friend. I am feeling much better now.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
I'm just coming back to see how you are feeling. I do hope you are feeling better. It is 40 degrees here and foggy again. Rain is in the forecast today thru Wednesday as well. It is a chilly and dreary day out today. Well, take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.