Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sam

Sam is my husband. He is my best friend. He loves me in the truest sense of the word. It's what he does - he loves me.

We tell everyone that we've known each other all of our lives. While that may not be technically true, we are each other's second half. What a rare gift we have been given and we know how blessed we are by God. Sam and I have our own special language, meant only for one another. He can make me laugh louder and cry harder and feel deeper and love more wholly than any other human being. He is my protector, my confidante, my joy, my heart, and my lifelong love. There is nowhere else I would rather be than with my Sam. He has wiped my tears at the passing of my daddy, my brother, and my little dog. He takes care of me when I'm sick or hurting. He washes dishes for me after supper. He feeds our little animals faithfully every night. He does everything in his power to make my life easier, sweeter, and truer. He understands me like no other human being. He never makes me feel stupid or ugly or silly. He knows just what I mean when I need to not explain myself.

Sam is very handsome and I'm so proud to be his wife. For the life of me, I don't know what he sees in me but I am grateful he sees beyond my exterior because I know he loves me inside and out. I seek his advice above all others and treasure his wisdom. He is so smart that it's scary sometimes. He is so funny and so quick witted and on occasion, has made me almost wet my pants from laughing so hard. I love him so.

Sam is the best husband, dad, and PaPa in this world. His family is blessed to have him as our head.

He makes me want to be a better woman and I love him immeasurably. I love you, Sam. Happy Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
What a beautiful Love Story about the 2 of you and a wonderful tribute to your Sam. "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us. It just gave me chills while I was reading it. He sounds so much like my DH. My DH makes me feel so loved and so special. He even tells me I'm his Queen and I tell him he's my King. He is my best friend and confidant also. We have some great times together as well. We have laughed and cried together and even had our ups and downs. But it has always made us stronger. I'm so glad you have a wonderful hubby to share your life with. I know he is loved by all of his Family members. I hope the 2 of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day together. My DH will be home in a little while. I really missed him yesterday since it was Valentine's Day, but each time I'm with him is a Valentine's Day together. I'm glad your back is feeling some better. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Denise said...

Sam sounds like a true blessing of a husband. That is how I feel about my wonderful husband of 23 years, he is my greatest fan, and I am his. Thanks for sharing your love story.

Renie Burghardt said...

What a beautiful tribute to your dear husband. You and he are blessed in your relationship with each other.

Hugs,

Renie