Monday, March 3, 2008

All I can say is Wow!

It's a real testimony to the influence of one sweet woman named Karen that she was able to persuade you lovely ladies to come visit me. She is a sweetheart and a true friend. Karen, I love you and thank you. Y'all have no idea how reading your comments has blessed me and encouraged me to keep on going. Thank you so much.

I hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine was pretty typical - the usual drama of my co-workers and the busy-ness of a new week. I work in a veterinary hospital and have been in this line of work for 20 years. I managed a practice in Texas for many years but after our move to Tennessee, I decided to slow down and rid myself of the responsibility. So I work the front desk and enjoy just greeting folks and admiring their four legged children. Someone asked me if it was terribly hard to be there the day after I lost my Snow Pea, and I replied that it really wasn't because I knew my grief was understood there better than anywhere else I could be.

We are gearing up for next weekend when we get to see our grandbabies and witness their baptism. I'm sure it will be kinda chaotic with so many family members in my son and daughter-in-law's house and truth be told, I think they are stressing about it. We won't all converge on them at one time so we can all have time with the children but not overwhelm mom and dad. Bless their hearts - they often times don't know if they're coming or going but they are doing a great job. I'm so proud of them.

I forgot to tell y'all that last week, our youngest son had a wreck. He was in a company truck and a young couple pulled out in front of him and he didn't have time to stop. The girl jumped out, went into a corner store and bought a lighter, then took off on foot. Apparently, she was high on something and may have had a warrant out for her arrest. The guy didn't have insurance and no job. He did get a ticket. My son said he didn't know how that girl could get out and walk off because he hit her side of the truck they were in. Maybe she was like a ragdoll if she was -ahem- not sober, so it didn't hurt her. I'm just so grateful our boy wasn't hurt. He did let his girl take him to the e.r. to check him out and thankfully, he was okay. Talk about scaring the mess out of me. You just never stop worrying about your children, no matter how old they are.

I pray you all have a good night's rest tonight. Thank you for coming by to see me.

13 comments:

Loretta said...

Hi...I am over from Karen's blog. Yes, we never quit worrying about out children. That's what being a mama is I reckon.lol I have read your back posts and really enjoyed them. Your new home sounds wonderfull, and your hubby sounds like mine. I love mine more every day!! Take care.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening LeeAnn,
WOW, it looks like you have had alot of company today. I'm so glad that some of my friends came to visit you. I knew I could count on some of them to come and see you. Now, you will have to go adn visit them and they will keep coming back. Just PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP AND QUIT BLOGGING!!!! LOL. I would miss you terribly. I learned something new tonight from you as well. I had no idea you worked in a Vet's Office. That is so neat. I have another blogging friend that works for a Vet near where I live as well. We have had alot of rain here today. It has been raining hard all day long. We are under a Flash Flood Warning until 9:30p.m. tonight. It was scheduled to expire at 3:30p.m. this afternoon, but they have extended it. I know we have had at least 3 to 4 inches of rain here all day. It has turned colder as well. It is 39 degrees as I'm typing this. I didn't do very much today, but our Landlord did come down and I signed the new rental lease. I called the Utility Companies and the water and gas will be turned on tomorrow and the electricity will be turned on Wednesday. It will probably be next week before we get our Cable & Internet hooked up over there. So, if you don't see any posting's on my blog, just go ahead and visit around and I will be back on as soon as I'm able. I know yall are excited about seeing the Grandbabies getting Baptized. Our girls were Baptized when they were small also. My DH videoed it all for both of them. I know your Son and DIL are doing the best they can raising their girls. They were doubley blessed with them both. Oh my, I'm sorry your youngest Son had a wreck. "PRAISE GOD" he wasn't hurt. It is a shame how some people act when they are in a wreck. Nine times out of 10, the person who is intoxicated or high, doesn't get hurt at all. It's always the innocent person that gets seriously hurt or killed. It is true, you never stop worrying about your kids. Mine are still young, but I know how my Mom worries about me and my Sister. I know I will do the same with mine. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Dear Leeann, I am visiting by way of Karen from Karen's Korner. Our first grandbabies were twin boys. They are 12 today. I have four other grandchildren as well and three grown(TWO GIRLS AND A SON) children and a 15 yr. old son still at home. You are so right about how mothers never stop worring about their children, no matter how old they get.
My youngest daughter used to work at a Vets office but since has went to school and became a nurse.

So nice to meet you!
Blessings, Shelley

Denise said...

So glad your son did not get hurt sweetie.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Leeann, here by way of Karen. :o)

I'm 44 and a grandma myself. One of my sisters has been the office manager of a family friend's vet clinic for over 20 years. Another sister has worked there for 20 years and a niece and her daughter both work there. My daughter worked there for 2 years in high school. I've helped out there several times over the years myself. So I know all about working in a vet clinic.

I see you've added me to your blogroll in your sidebar. Thank you, I'm flattered. :-)

I hope you'll drop by and visit sometime.

Take care,

Diane

Nonnas News said...

Waiting for you to come by and see us too!!!

bj said...

Good morning...hope things are going good for you today.
I have to say that MY babies are 38 and 43 and I still worry about them...now there's 10 grandchildren to start to worry about!! Oh, me, Oh, my.....
Come by to see me when you can....
hugs, bj

Grandy said...

When you say your granbabies are getting baptized...do you mean they are twins? How exciting!!

Sorry about your youngest. Glad he wasn't hurt. That's the most important thing I know.

Have a wonderful weekend with the family!!

Carole Burant said...

Hello Leeann:-) Yup, I'm here via Karen also! lol You will soon learn that when one of us asks for a favour, we are all very willing to jump right in and do what we can:-)

I remember when I first started blogging and had so few comments...as you said, it gets very depressing and you feel like you're blogging for nothing. Well, just hang in there, it will change, I promise:-) As for all the bells and whistles that decorate our blogs, that's something you will learn as you go along...just ask and you'll be surprised how many will be willing to help you. But then, you also don't need to worry what your blog looks like, we're here to share your news, not see your decorations! lol

I'm 50 and have two sons ages 26 & 29...but no grandbabies yet! I keep telling them how much I want to be a grandma but they're in no hurry to make me one...grrrrr! lol So, for now I just enjoy all my blogging friends' grandbabies:-)

Please feel free to come visit me at my blog...I'll even serve coffee if Karen hasn't drank it all! LOL Looking forward to getting to know you better. xox

Unknown said...

Hi Leann, glad to see that you are still posting.

So sorry to hear about the wreak, just glad that no one was hurt.

I am 52 years old with 2 sons. One of whom is 31 and the other is 26. Hard to imagine them older than my husband and I when we got married.

Drop by some time when you get a chance. Looking forward to getting to know you a bit better.

God bless.

Angela said...

Hi Leeann,
Glad to read you'll be sticking around:-). Glad to read too that your son was ok in his wreck. WOW! I live in TN also. I'm about 25 miles south of Knoxville:-). I use to work in a Vet office/ boarding/grooming. It was a one stop shop (that's what we all called it) *giggles* . I loved it because I just love animals period :-).
Well, have a wonderful evening!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Hi Leeann,
I'm back for another visit. I have a niece named LeAnn. She spells her name that way.
I know you are excited about your visit to see the grandbabies. My first grand was born to my son in Maryland. We were living in Pennsylvania at the time so went over for the Christaining. There was a big celebration afterward. It is hard being the Mother In Law sometimes. Enough said!
I'll be back again!
Mama Bear

Mike Golch said...

Hi Leeann,I saw that Karen was thanking every body that came to visit.well I matbe a day late,but I did come to visit.I truely Hope that you and your family are haveing a great day!