Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Weird weather

Good evening, all. I wonder how many of you have had weird weather today? It started out very warm this morning when I left for work and that in itself was strange. I'm used to bundling up on my way to work and it was downright balmy. Then as the day progressed, we had heavy rains then sunshine then heavy rains again. About quitting time, the sky turned that greenish/tornado-y color that just about makes me hyperventilate! It's been relatively calm since I've been home but we are under a tornado/thunderstorm watch for about 2 more hours. It's rare to have a tornado up in these mountains, thank goodness, but winds can be very damaging, too.

I had a pretty good day at work. As the weather warms, we get busier and busier at the vet clinic. I am seeing puppies with new eyes these days because I know we'll get another one in the near future. I have mixed emotions about this because I miss Snow Pea so very, very much and I want to give myself enough time to properly grieve for her because otherwise, I will constantly be comparing her to a new puppy and that isn't fair to that new addition to our family. I believe Sam and I will both know when it's time. For now, I deal with missing her and am so grateful that God gave her to us. Sidenote: a client called today (she actually called several times) to talk to me about her new pup. She had to have her 4 year old dog put to sleep last week because she had cancer and I know it was very hard on this woman. Well, she and her husband went to the pound and got a new pup and although she had a few questions for me, she mostly wanted to tell me how much she missed her dog. Now I know as well as the next person how losing a pet hurts and while I was so sorry for her loss, she was quite persistent in her phone calls. At one point, I commiserated with her and shared with her the loss of my little dog and she completely ignored me and just kept on talking about her deceased dog and the new puppy, etc. It hurt my feelings and it made me mad. Sigh.

Well, enough whining for one night. I hope and pray you are all safe and sound this stormy night. By the way, thank you all again for visiting me and for your kind words of encouragement and friendship. My time is very limited on here some evenings and while I intend to visit each and every one of you, it may take a few days. Please know that I look forward to getting to know you and visiting with you.

May God richly bless you,
Leeann

7 comments:

Denise said...

Hello dear, we had rain and storms most of the day here. Now, it is suppose to get cold again. We may even get some snow, and sleet friday and saturday. Your job sounds really interesting, I love animals. Please take care, God loves you very much.

Hope said...

Hi Leeann,
I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me and left such a sweet comment about my family. I also have a dog, Tobi. She is a Lhasa Apsa and will be 14 years old in May. If you look back through my archives you will see a post about her. I'm so sorry you lost Snow Pea and I can tell how much you love her. I know Tobi can't be here much longer even though she does great right now. I do dread when the day comes and I'll have to deal with losing her.

I'm so happy that you got your little farm to enjoy. I always wanted to do that. Instead I ended up in a farmhouse on the edge of town surrounded by other houses. I love it though because I did get the farmhouse, if not the farm!! :o)

I have to go to bed now. I've been fighting sleep trying to catch up. Please come see me again!

Hugs,
Hope

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
I'm glad to see you have put up anther post. I do understand that your time is limited on here at times, but the times when you have spare time, it will help you to post and then you will have visitors. It was cold here yesterday and we got just a tad bit of Snow. It wasn't even a dusting but it was some Snow. It didn't last long tho. I sure hope yall didn't get any Tornadoes or stormy weather. I imagine yall do get busier when the weather is warmer. I'm sorry for the other woman's loss of her dog, and I know you are missing your Snow Pea as well. I'm sorry the other woman made you mad. Maybe she didn't mean to make you mad tho. I know you and Sam will know when the time is right to get a new puppy. I am still going to be online thru Friday. The Cable Company will come out Monday of next week and hook our Cable and Internet up at the other house. So, 3 days isn't too bad. I'll just have alot of catching up to do is all. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Anonymous said...

LeeAnn, we had strange weather over the weekend and now it is cold and are supposed to get some snow showers tonight and tomorrow and warm up into the 40s next week.

I don't have any pets but I imagine it is hard when you lose a beloved one. Take care and take your time mourning.

Grandy said...

Oh Leeann, its always amazing to me how people can be so self absorbed and not hear what's being said to them. I don't blame you for being upset at the woman you were reaching out to.

Hang in there!!

Hootin Anni said...

We had a cat ---a Siamese cat, for almost 25 years!! And I can still think of her and tear up even tho we lost her to 'old age' 4 years ago. The memories never go away, the hurt subsides sometimes, and returns other times. I don't think you'll compare your new puppy with the old one, do you? There is just too many different personalities and the cuteness will help you heal from the loss. Trust me. I said to my hubby after our dear cat died, "No more" "It's just too painful"...but then, realizing that the comfort and companionship of a furbaby helps the healing process.

Have a terrific day at work. [And I'm going to add you/your blog to my favorite/friends list, so I can remember to drop by for visiting if that's okay with you. I'd like for you to drop by whenever you can find time]

Unknown said...

We had a bit of snow Wednesday morning and a very cold wind. It did warm up though.

Today has been miserably cold however. I can hardly wait for the weather to make up it's mind on how it is going to behave.