Saturday, March 22, 2008

We made it!

The first night at the farm, that is. Oh, what a time we had yesterday afternoon. I got off work at 6 after chomping at the bit all afternoon because I wanted to go out there, relax on our deck and sip a drink and watch the deer. Instead, at about 8 p.m. or so, I was bathing the back end of our big yellow cat while Sam was holding her front end, trying to avoid her teeth. Seems old yellow cat was none too happy with the trip out there and made her displeasure known by leaving a little gift for me in her carrier then spraying all over herself or something, which left a most unpleasant aroma around her. I have been in the animal business for quite some time but never saw what I say yesterday. Male cats spray, you know. Female cats shake their tails but normally don't spray. Well, when we pulled her out of that carrier, her whole tail and back end was wet!! It was disgusting. So we got that dirty deed done and then I fixed us scrambled eggs while still wearing my scrubs from work and listened to the cats walk around and growl and hiss for the rest of the night. Then we felt so sorry for them and we let them sleep with us last night so they wouldn't be afraid. Not the best idea. Yellow cat is huge and got right between us and wouldn't budge when I turned over and tried to bring the covers with me. Her weight held them down. Then white kitty, beautiful little thing, heard a house fly and that kept her entertained for a good part of the night. So today, Sam and I are grainy-eyed and my poor Sam is bone tired. We are at the old house now and will take a small load out and then I will insist he rest for the remainder of the day. I've got boxes, clothes, household items strewed from one end of that house to the other but we'll do what we can and just take it slow. We're not as young as we used to be and there was a time when I would not have stopped until every single thing was put away and pictures were hung on the walls. Not now. We're lucky to have a bar of soap and clean towel for bathing! It'll get done and until then, we will enjoy the quiet and solitude with our little pets.

I will let you know when I won't be blogging for a time. We won't have Internet access out there until the first or second week of April so after this week, I may be gone for a while. I'll miss you all during that time. Until then, I'll be around and I pray you all have a blessed Easter.

Leeann

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Once you get settled...things will quiet down, I'm sure. I bet it's beautiful there where you are. You make it sound so peaceful and serene out your back door on the deck!!

I wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a happy Easter.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
"HAPPY EASTER" and "HE IS RISEN" to you and Sam. I'm so glad yall have just about everything moved. I'm sure the cats are in a strange environment and it will take them awhile to get used to the new house. I bet it is so beautiful there. I know what you mean about not being as young as we used to. LOL. I still don't have everything unpacked and I am not going to rush myself trying to get it all done. It's still going to be there waiting on me when I get ready to do it. LOL. I did do a post today and shared some pictures of my Birthday Party from yesterday. Be sure to let us know when you will be offline for a while. I know I am going to truly miss you. Take care my friend and have a great Easter. May God Bless You and Sam.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Unknown said...

Take your time getting settled. We will still be here when you get back.

Have a blessed and joyous Easter.

God bless.

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm thinking it was just the long trip and the strange surroundings. I've found the older they are the more they hate change.
I'm still hoping for some pictures. Take some of the outside if you're not ready for indoor ones yet. It sounds like a wonderful place.
Take it slow and enjoy the process.
Mama Bear

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
I'm just dropping by to see how things are going with you and Sam. I hope yall have pretty much everything moved by now and getting settled in your new home. I still have unpacking to do, but have been under the weather a bit this week, so I haven't done much at all. I hope to start back up on it next week tho. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Hope said...

Hi Leeann,
I'm catching up again and wanted to stop by to see if you're back yet. I hope you are getting settled in and enjoying your new place. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hugs,
Hope