Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday thoughts

It's early morning and my favorite time of day. I truly love the promise of a new day. I love the way it smells outside and the sounds of the birds. That's one of the things I look forward to the most when we move to our little farm - not having to go to work my first day off and just going outside and being....reveling in God's glory and creation.

I want to thank you ladies for giving me encouragement with regard to my son's in-laws. It really does help knowing that others face the same or similar struggles. I don't know what the future holds but Sam and I have decided that we'll take the higher road and try very hard to behave in a Christian manner, no matter what. Our desire is to glorify God but sometimes it's hard to not do or say what would come naturally to us because we're sinners. All this to say that I ask for prayer that our two families can be harmonious for the sake of our married children and our granddaughters.

The weather here in northern TN. is so beautiful. It's in the 60's and we're starting to see trees bud out. I am very excited to see what pops up at our new place. We were told that somewhere on our property is an apple tree or two which tickles me to no end! We have lots to do out there and it will be an adventure.

I dreamed about my little dog Snow Pea the other night. I had gone outside and she was in the yard next door, limping and disoriented. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and ran to pick her up. Her little eyes were barely open and somehow I knew that she had been traveling a long way to find me and when I held her close to me, she clung to me and wouldn't let me put her down. Strangely, I didn't wake up crying but sadness was my companion for most of the day yesterday. I'm so grateful that I had her.

I hope you ladies have blessed days. I'm off to work now and look forward to my day off tomorrow.

Leeann

5 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
When I'm at my computer desk early of the morning, I can hear the birds singing outside. My computer desk is right here by our front door. I will still keep praying that you and the other family will be harmonious for the sake of your children and grandchildren. It is so hard sometimes to do what we know is right, but our anger builds up so sometimes that we have to vent. We are suppose to be around 70 degrees here today. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 70's. I just hope and pray it doesn't rain on us till we can get everything moved. Apple Trees huh? Do you do any canning or anything like that? I can almost smell an Apple Pie or Cobbler. LOL. I do love Homemade Apple Pies and Cobblers. I can't make them myself, but I always enjoy them when I get a chance to eat them. And to top it off with vanilla Ice Cream. LOL. I'm making myself hungry here now. LOL. I know you are still missing your Snow Pea and you will have dreams about her. It will take some time before you feel at peace with her being gone. I am on my last cup of coffee this morning. When my DH gets up, I'll have to make a pot for him so he can fill his cup up to take out with him. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Unknown said...

A new day always gives me a new start. I love the quietness of the start of a day, I can sit and pray for awhile and feel right at home.

You have a wonderful day.

God bless.

Denise said...

Praying that your day is filled with sweet blessings.

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Leeann....Oh you and me both, I LOVE mornings best of all. I can be by myself and relish the quiet that surrounds me and the sunrise, and face the day all anew...just like He intended.

And as for your in-laws you posted about below...I personally wouldn't give a 'rat's ass' what any of them think about Southerners, OR what tie he wore!!! I look at it this way, and I hope I don't offend you, but my feelings are, we're all human and we ALL have to drop our pants to take a ...well, you know....AND that makes us all equal and not 'better than anyone else'...y'know? Don't take the snide remarks to heart.

Love Bears All Things said...

I dream of my parents from time to time. Sometimes it makes me sad too.
I'd like to believe these visits by way of our dreams are to comfort us and claim it as the gift it is.
I hope you have a great weekend.
I see you posted this on Wed. I hope to hear from you soon.
Mama Bear