Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slow moving

And I mean literally. We had hoped to have so much more done by today but poor Sam had to work late every night this week. Seems a couple of co-workers called in sick every day so he was very, very busy and worked 2 or 3 hours over each night. However, his boss gave him Monday off as well as tomorrow so he'll have four days off in a row, for which I am so grateful. Knowing Sam, he'll have everything moved in by tomorrow night! We are both so anxious to be out there and really wanted to spend Easter out there...we'll see. I went out today and took a load and put a new shower curtain up in one of the bathrooms and just piddled. I sat in my rocking chair in the middle of the living room and looked out the front windows while eating a salad for lunch. I had a good country station on the radio and just thoroughly enjoyed that moment.

Yesterday, one of the clients at our clinic brought in a tiny, cream colored poodle and she was identical to my Snow Pea, except my Snow Pea was gray. This little dog just captivated my attention and I thought that if I could find another one like that, I would love to have her because she reminded me so much of my little girl dog. Oh, how I miss her. One of the first orders of business once we're moved is to lay her to rest on the hill behind our house. I thought about her today and wished she was with me, sniffing the floors in our new house and running out in the huge front yard. She would have loved it out there and I wish I could have shared this with her...does that sound silly? I hope not. I'm really not a nut. I know she was a dog, but she was also my tiny friend and I believe she considered me a mother figure of sorts, seeing how she was born in my bedroom laundry basket and started sleeping along side me when she was only 4 weeks old.

I look forward to having breakfast in the morning with a dear friend. She's 87 years old and a delight and marvel. She is so precious to us and I look forward to spending as much time with her as I possibly can. She also happens to be our landlady and the neighbor of son's in-laws. She is sad that we're moving but totally understands our need and desire to have a home of our own. This neighborhood is deteriorating and I believe she will sell this little house we've lived in as well as the one she owns next door. Miss C is one of the most intelligent, kind hearted humans we've ever had the pleasure to know and we clicked from the start. We are each other's confidants and I'm honored to call her my friend.

I will close for now and bid you all a good night. I will keep writing until the last day when we will be without Internet for a short time. Until next time, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Leeann

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening LeeAnn,
I'm so glad you stopped by. I was wondering how your moving was going. I'm sorry that Sam has had to work some overtime this week, but hopefully you will both be in your new home for Easter. You just take it easy and don't hurt yourself. Sounds like you had a nice and relaxing lunch there today in your living room. You are not a nut for feeling the way you do about your beloved Sweet Pea. You saw her born and you raised her and took care of her. She was like a child to you. I hope you and Mrs. C has a wonderful breakfast together in the morning. She sounds like a wonderful person and I know she will miss you and Sam. I'm sure yall will miss her as well. Maybe yall can go visit her from time to time. I didn't do much of anything today. I did try to catch up with everyone on my blogroll tho. I still have a few that I need to visit, but I will probably wait till tomorrow. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours. I am going to wait and take pictures of our house after I get everything put away. I feel more comfy doing it that way. I don't want anyone seeing a messy house. LOL.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Hope said...

Hi Leeann,

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your hubby a very blessed and happy Easter weekend. I'll try to catch up later!

Hugs,
Hope