Thursday, March 6, 2008

My foot hurts

Okay, a little whining. My left foot hurts. I think I have tendonitis or something because the inside of my ankle swells a little after I've been walking or standing on it for a long time. Okay, I'm through.

It's been a lovely day off for me. I went to the phone co. and got signed up for service at our new place and the customer service rep. was none other than our new neighbor. And she and her husband are the only neighbors we can see from our place! She was very nice and friendly and when I sat down, she said that she and her co-workers had been talking about me. I guess I looked surprised and she said, "well, when you called to get information, the receptionist knew you were moving to the property next to mine and said you sounded very nice on the phone"! I thought that was very kind and I love the fact that it's a small community and everyone knows each other and looks out for each other. I know there is a down side to that, too, but Sam and I are pretty private people and we always figure if someone wants to gossip about us, they'll have to make stuff up. At any rate, I think we're going to like it out there. Oh, she also introduced to me to another woman that lives on our road and they like to walk when the weather is warm and said they would invite me to join them sometimes. They are both close to my age and it seems like we might have a lot in common.

I am gonna go put my foot up and ice it a little to see if that helps. I will get to a doctor when we get settled and see what can be done...I think I need to rest it more than I do but it's hard when a person works long hours like I do sometimes.

Have a happy Thursday, y'all!

Leeann

5 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for your foot to quit hurting sweetie, take care.

Carole Burant said...

Hi Leeann:-)

We're all allowed to whine every once in a while! lol Just make sure you do go see the doctor about your foot once you're settled into your new house!!

How wonderful to meet your new neighbour at the phone company and that she seemed so nice. Hopefully you will make some good friends where you move. We have new neighbours that moved in across the street last summer and although I've tried to talk to the woman, she hasn't been very friendly. I guess she prefers to stay to herself.

Take good care of yourself and look forward to visiting you again:-) xox

Hootin Anni said...

I hope we get to see some photos sometime soon of your new abode. Ya, I'm with Pea on this...make sure you take care of that foot!! Sounds like maybe you sprained it and didn't know it? But, in all honesty, could it be edema? [or however the heck that's spelled----let me put it this way...water retention?]

Have a great weekend.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning LeeAnn,
We all have the right to whine sometimes. I've been whining all morning because we didn't get the big Snow they were predicting. I do hope your foot gets better and when you are all settled in you can go have it checked out. I'm so glad the lady at the phone company is your neighbor and she introduced you to another lady down the road from you. You should fit in very well with them and hopefully when the weather warms yall can do some walking together. We are going to start moving tomorrow. They turned the gas on over there yesterday around noon. Me and the girls moved some bags and boxes out of their rooms here last night over there. We only made a couple of trips because the wind was so bad and it would cut right thru you. My DH came thru here around 4:30a.m. this morning. He had called me a little after 4:00a.m. and said he wasn't too far from home and he was wanting to know if I had some coffee ready for him. I told him I did and he stopped by to get a cup and headed on to Memphis. He should be back home this afternoon sometime. I did post this morning and it will be my last post until we get the Cable & Internet hooked up over at the other house. They are suppose to come out sometime Monday and do that. As soon as I'm hooked back up, I will post again and start catching up with everyone. I know this is going to put me way behind. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day/weekend. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
P.S. Take care of that foot and don't overdo yourself.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhh, I just read your comment you left [thanks for the visit] and I now realize you have two 'e's in your name. I went and corrected that in my friends' list on my blog.

Ya, I do know what it's like to go shopping for a special item only to find the perfect one too late.

Good luck.